Friday 25 October 2013

Three Reasons Why You Should Have A Blog

In this article I am going to discuss what I consider to be the three most important reasons why you really should have a blog as an Internet Marketer. For some reason unknown to me there are some marketers who either don't have a blog at all or put so little effort into their blog that they may as well not have one.
The first thing I consider to be of strategic significance is the simple fact that it allows your readers and subscribers to connect with you. Your blog should be a reflection of who you are. It allows you to show your subscribers who you are and what values you hold. It allows you to show your personality and the fact that you are a real person. In short your blog is the main vehicle by which you can build your relationship with your readers long before they buy anything from you. It is entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that there are people who are regular visitors to your blog who are not on your e-mail list. Your blog is your only opportunity to connect with these readers and to establish yourself as an expert and someone whom they can trust to deliver the solution to their needs.

The second reason for keeping a good quality blog is that it is a place to promote your products and services. Now, I am not advocating that you flood your blog with banners and other forms of advertising. In fact I would suggest that less is more when it comes to your blog but in my opinion your blog is central to your entire marketing strategy. You can link to your sales pages from your blog. You can recommend products and services from your regular posts provided it is always supported by plenty of excellent content.
The third reason for having a blog is that it is a place to help you build your list. On my blog, for example, I have an opt-in form on the main page and a pop-up that appears every 7 days both of which allow my readers to opt-in to my mailing list if they like what they see on the blog. By providing plenty of interesting and good quality information you can easily persuade your readers that they want you to stay in touch with them and in many instances are more than happy to opt-in to your mailing list. For me, by far the biggest percentage of my subscribers have come from my blog so it is vital to my success online.
If you have ever questioned yourself as to why you should be maintaining a blog I hope that these three reasons have given you the answer. Whatever else you do online, in my opinion, is secondary to keeping up a good quality blog, filled with great content and updated regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment