Wednesday 2 October 2013

CBN: CAN WE NOW DEPOSIT NAIRA EQUIVALENT INTO OUR DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT?



 
I just received a text today from my bank that CBN has mandated that all foreign transfers e.g. western union, money gram etc should be paid in Naira equivalent to the receivers here in Nigeria , which means that we will no longer be paid in foreign currencies.

I have no problem with CBN asking banks to pay in Naira, my problem or rather question is, if the CBN want us to be paid in Naira instead of the foreign currency sent, should we also start depositing Naira equivalent into our domiciliary accounts instead of going to source for foreign currency from road side sellers (black market) and then taking it to the bank. I think it should work both ways.


Brand Talk - General Discussion - Breaking News - Health - Business Ideas - OUR BB PIN: 275F2D24

No comments:

Post a Comment